Friday, February 19, 2010

The ebb and flow.......

Big T on his first board, getting the first inclings of his backside attack. 1997
Stickman, lien ollie SB park 2000

Kev, sending the stale fish at a high altitude. Damn, that kid can ride! SB park 2000

Lizzy has been known to smoke the bowls here and there. Brookings, OR. 2003

Stick, backside floatness at the Reno skatepark on one of my first visits back after transplanting to SBtown. 1998

The Liz in the lap of luxury, PBR, cooler, camp stove, northcoast beach lurk. The guitar case says it all. Crescent City, Ca. 2003

Backside D in the Pac Northwest. 2003

My brother Kev posting an invert in SB, the biggest dude you'll ever see do the smoothest handstanders. 2000

Encinitas living room session, buzzing in the bee suit. 2005

Mr. North flowing in the Pala pool like only his twinkle toed, feather footed, style oozing ass could. 2003

Me on my first board. Some old ass yellowing pink nosed sixties Yater with a crazy D fin. I was still learning so I had a leash attached to the fin. I remember people used to kind of harsh me for riding that thing back then. Now days I'd be on the forefront of the surf hipster movement. 1000 steps 1997

Kev squeaking a backside tail while The Ringer looks on with approval. Goleta 1999

Scottie and his fresh new set up. This photo floods me with stoke. Check the socks tan! Solana Beach 2003

Little lip basher on a fun summer wind swell taken by my Paps. Cardiff 2005

Norte laying one back in the high desert mining country. Virginia City, NV. 2001

Kev lofting an indy air at one of the state fair demo/contests way back in the day. Reno 1996

Big T trunking it in north SB county on my dad's log. Refugio, Ca. 1996


Jon styling a backside four wheel slide in the beer cooler at WINCO foods. He does well around beer. Reno 2001

A few days ago at the ski place we grew up riding. Good times.
The kid's first day on the mountain in two seasons. Here forearms were super sore the next day from tensing them the first two runs anticipating a slam. HEHEHEHE....


Well here I am again, back in the blurring meltdown the day after treatment number 9 out of 12 which makes me 3/4 of the way through my chemo dream. Things are pretty much the same up in these parts, four or five days of fun and forgetfulness trying to surround myself with as much goodness and smile provoking folk and stoke before I'm back to the IV for another chemocation. The shit hits me a lot harder and quicker each time I get flushed. In the beginning I could be out and about for almost two days after my dose but now I'm already melting down before I leave the death lab. The last few treatments it takes all my power to hold back from gagging and puking all over my nurses and cancerous cohort. The smell of the saline they give me to dilute the tweak makes me a teetering vomitess mess. I can no longer make eye contact with any of the chemo drugs in the bag or while they are infiltrating my carcass. I Must hold back the nauseous puketitude at all costs, especially in the clinic. So.......FUCK! What can I say, the ride continues and I guess I'm steering toward the light at the end of the tunnel. The brilliant news is that two days ago at my oncology appointment I got back the results of my CT scan and my PET scan. These tests show swelling as well as cancerous areas which will glow on the image due to the radioactive dye they put into me before the test which is sugar based, sugar attracts to cancerous cells for some reason. Anyway, my funky ass is clean! No glowing, no massive tumorous inflammation and potentially no more CANCER? I have three more doses of mystery left and then I will have a month off before I go for my torching tenure of radiation which should last about another month. I'm twiddling my fingers here trying to figure out just what to do with myself on a month long sabbatical. I think I'm heading toward the sea, if you need me that's where I'll be. The weather has sure been nice around here the past week which has made the heinous days a lot better, feel like I've been stuck inside a snow globe for four months. Well I'm not feeling too wordy today, and what else can I say that I haven't said already. I think I've given enough prolific life advice and ideas to last me at least til the next posting. I wish I would post more but I think the more therapy they give me the crustier I get, kinda weird eh? Well there it is friends, I just went through a giant box of photos of mine that stirred up some great memories and happy happy feelings. Here's some pictures of me and my brothers and kids having some radical sideways standing times. I'm living vicariously through these photos! Thanks for listening and looking! Stick

7 comments:

  1. I'm chucking every glowstick I find! Great news Stick and fight on brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news Man,
    Charge hard for the finish line

    ReplyDelete
  3. R R R RAAAADICAL JAWSOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh fing hell yeah!!!!!! that great news brotha. i miss you two like crazy. i'm sorry i didnt make it up there before. but i'm comin down to see your punk asses... maybe in may. sorry its getting harder, but i'm glad to see you're still writing. and grinding..or at least sliding. sequim isnt the same without you. love you like w.t. loves springer........ devo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stickman!!!! I'll hold your pukebag, if you need volunteers. Just remember that I saw you make out with your first custom surfboard, and I have pictures to prove it!!! Love you, and sending you all of the love and energy possible!!!!

    xoxoxoxo

    Oriana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics rule...just got back in town and so stoked on the good news. I couldn't wait to check in on the blog. See you soon. Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!!!
    from Sarah and Joe Sullivan

    ReplyDelete